The SINGER 2010CL Superb sewing machine is an ideal machine for beginner sewers, although it is versatile enough to offer enough features to satisfy the requirements of experienced sewers as well. For experienced sewers, it would also make a great little second machine, one that can be easily taken to quilting groups or transported to other relevant locations. One customer has found that it is the ideal size for using in an RV, without compromising functionality for size.
The Singer 2010CL is ideal for sewing garments, quilting and a variety of craft projects and while it is a small, lightweight machine, it has the necessary features for those particular activities. When you consider that many sewers do not use all the features on high end computerized machines, this Singer sewing machine provides an attractive alternative with enough features and functions to meet the needs of beginner and more advanced sewers.
The computerized Singer 2010CL comes with many of the features you would expect to find on more expensive machines, such as its programmable needle up/down feature for quilting and appliqueing, the drop feed for free motion sewing, four memory modules as well as the automatic stitch length and width features. For the beginner sewer, these more advanced features ensure excellent value because these features will be readily available for use when they become more advanced sewers. Sewers who do not want to pay a high price for a computerized sewing machine will find all the features they are likely to need in the Singer 2010CL.
Features of the Singer Superb 2010CL
- Design – a lightweight, portable machine from Singer with computerized convenience
- Stitches – there are two hundred and twenty built-in stitches which provide plenty of variation for a variety of projects. Many sewers would never use all these stitches as their projects only require basic stitches. So you can see that having so many available is an advantage for beginner sewers in particular. It is also true that advanced sewers do not use the full array of available stitches, meaning that purchasing a high end machine is not really necessary, particularly if you are looking to save some money on the purchase price of a machine.
- Alphabets – there is a built-in block and script alphabet. These two, when used in conjunction with the darning and embroidery foot, can create some interesting text effects with initials, names and other text.
- Buttonholes – nine are provided and all are fully automatic 1-step buttonholes. If making buttonholes sound too difficult, the automatic option is always an excellent way to proceed.
- Needle Threader – is automatic and makes an ideal solution for anyone whose eyesight is challenged. It can also save time if you find manual threading difficult.
- Memory Modules – there are four available and while a beginner might not want to bother with these during the learning phase, they provide value by being available for later use. More advanced users will of course be able to take advantage of their inclusion immediately.
- Tension – is automatically set depending on the particular stitch you select. It completely removes guesswork from setting the tension.
- Stitch Editing – this capability involves the inclusion of mirror imaging and stitch elongation functions. Advanced users will know how to take advantage of this feature, as will beginner sewers when they are more experienced. The inclusion of this feature ensures added value for the purchaser.
- Bobbin – is the drop-in type and top loading. Together with the clear view cover, the top loading drop in bobbin makes it an easy system to use and it also provides the advantage of being able to see when the bobbin requires refilling.
- Presser Feet – there are ten included with the machine, being and all-purpose foot, buttonhole foot, satin stitch foot, zipper foot, overcasting foot, gathering foot, blind hem foot, rolled hem foot, button sewing foot, as well as a darning & embroidery foot. This generous inclusion ensures that beginners and more advanced sewers alike can tackle a variety of sewing projects.
- edge/quilting guide
- pack of needles
- thread spool caps
- auxiliary spool pin
- spool pin felt
- seam ripper
- lint brush
- soft-sided dust cover
- extension table
The accessories ensure that using the machine and all its features is made as easy as possible. The addition of an extension table extends use of the machine by providing additional sewing space upon which to manipulate sewing projects.
- Shipping Weight: 18.6 pounds
- Item No: 2010CL
- Warranty: See warranty terms
What’s Great About the Singer 2010CL?
- Comes with an easy to follow instruction manual
- Good variety of stitching patterns
- Runs quietly
- Versatile sewing functionality
- Lightweight and ideal for taking to quilting classes
- Comes with a wide variety of accessories
- Has plenty of stitches
- Useful slide speed control ensures easy sewing
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Ideal for quilting
- Easy to thread bobbin
- Small enough to t use in an RV
- Suitable for beginner and experienced sewers
- Not so small that functionality is impaired
What’s Not so Great
- Reverse stitch button only works if you have come to a complete stop
Customer Feedback and Reviews
A handful of customers have left feedback for the Singer 2010CL and they rated with an overall average excellent rating. Things they like about it include its ease of use, good variety of stitches and accessories, size, versatility, clear instruction manual, as well as its lightweight portability and easy to thread bobbin. Quilters in particular appreciate the combination of portability and sewing functions. To read more about what customers have to say, you can read all their reviews here.
The Singer 2010CL is available from online retailers and you can check the latest price for it here. Customers trust the Singer Brand and the feedback that has been left to date, has been positive. The machine is valued for its portability and versatility by beginner and experienced sewers alike, while its price and functionality meet customer needs. Based on customer feedback, we are pleased to recommend it.