The Singer 9970 is a sewing machine that is packed with high end features yet doesn’t have a high end price. It is a fully computerized machine that is suitable for experienced sewers, although customers who are beginners have said they did not find the machine difficult to use. It comes with six hundred built-in stitches that can be edited to create even more functionality.
It is designed for users to produce professionally finished garments as well as an array of other sewing projects, including quilting. To this end, users can expect to find free arm functionality, speed control, twin needle capability as well as a full LCD display to monitor selected stitch requirements and functions.
There is also a host of push button functions, such as a thread trimmer, reverse and various other stitch selection features. This is a machine that provides plenty of value, particularly for new sewers because it comes with enough functions for the user to grow into. Experienced sewers will be delighted with what the Singer 9970 can achieve – without the high end price tag.
Features of the SINGER 9970 Sewing Machine
The following features collectively ensure that this singer sewing machine delivers the functionality, performance and convenience of problem free sewing while creating professionally finished sewing projects.
- Design – a quality computerized singer sewing machine
- Power – requires 110 volts as specifically designed for United States and Canadian use
- DC Motor – instant start and stop with no casting
- Frame – internal frame is heavy duty metal – holds all internal mechanisms in perfect alignment for perfect sewing and durability
- Automatic Needle Threader – to save time
- Push Button Auto Electronic Thread Trimmer – conveniently cuts upper and lower threads
- Stitches – 600 built-in stitches
- Stitch Reference Chart – is located on the upper lid of the machine for easy reference
- Stitch Editing – ensures precision control of the stitch patterns with elongation and mirror imaging
- Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation – select the elongation button and make selected stitches two to five times longer
- Electronic Autopilot – ensures total control of sewing speed. Simply unplug the foot control and press the ‘Start’ button to start sewing. Use the speed control lever to select the desired maximum speed.
- Top Drop-In Bobbin System – top loading with clear cover for easy insertion and monitoring of bobbin thread availability
- Auto Bobbin Winding – sewing is disabled while the bobbin is winding and stops when filled
- Presser Feet – snap on – 24 Presser feet included
- Buttonholes –13 auto buttonhole styles available for one-step, simple and reliable
- Storage – for accessories is located in the removable sewing table
- Free Arm – is removable and provides easy access to sew cuffs, collars and pant hems
- LCD Screen – provides info for built-in stitch, stitch length and width, tension settings and the recommended presser foot for a particular stitch – includes brightness control
- LED Lights – 2 x StayBright LED lights effectively lights the work space – lasts for 100,000 sewing hours
- Extension Table – provides an additional area for sewing
- Needle Up / Down Button – changes the needle position when the machine is stopped
- Slow Sewing Speed Option – for intricate work
- Direct Button Stitch Selection – direct access to eight of the most popular stitches -includes straight sewing, zigzag, blind-hem and one buttonhole
- 7mm Stitch Width – for most stitches ensuring attractive satin and other decorative stitches
- Automatic Stitch Length and Width – auto set with optimum stitch length and width settings can be overridden if required
- Horizontal Threading – allows thread to feed more evenly to reduce poor stitch formation and breaking threads
- 25 Needle Positions – flexibility for individual projects such as placing zippers, cording and topstitching
- Electronic Twin Needle Control – push button auto adjustment for twin needle sewing
- High Sewing Speed – maximum of 850 stitches-per-minute – finish projects quickly
- Automatic Stitch Lock – allows you to tie-off stitches to prevent unraveling
- Auto Reverse – sew in reverse to reinforce stitches
- Error Warning and Animation – alerts you if something is wrong – audio and visual alert
- Auto Tension – ensures stable stitch quality regardless of fabric
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter – provides additional clearance for bulky fabrics
- Optimum Power Control – auto senses if additional power is needed for maintaining sewing speed on thick or otherwise changing fabric conditions
- 24 Presser feet
- Extension table
- Needle pack
- Bobbins – Class 15J
- Seam ripper
- Lint brush
- Spool pin and felt washer
- Spool caps
- Seam guide
- Quilting bar
Measures: 16 x 7.5 x 11 inches
Weighs: 17.8 pounds
Item No: 9970
Manufacturer: Singer Co.
Warranty: Limited 25-year warranty – including 5 years on electronic components and 1 year on adjustments.
What’s Great About the SINGER 9970 Computerized Sewing Machine?
- Easy setup and easy to use
- Runs quietly and smoothly
- Can make fine buttonholes
- Sews a variety of fabrics with ease
- Solid machine
- Comes with variable speed control
- Has a very slow speed if required
- Easy to use bobbin winder and needle threader
- Auto tension works correctly
- Thread cutter is convenient to use
- Comes with an extension table
- LED lights are bright enough to provide a well-lit work area
- Feed dogs work beautifully and keep the fabric moving straight while sewing
- Has a huge amount of accessories
What’s Not So Great
- Slots in the cover for the cords would be helpful and convenient
Customer Feedback and Reviews
Customers leaving feedback for the SINGER 9970 give it excellent reviews. Things they like about it include its quiet operation, range of stitch choices, easy to use functionality and the huge amount of accessories that are included. Customers also like the way that all the features worked flawlessly – as they are meant to. To read more detailed customer feedback, you can read the customer reviews here.
Recommendation – Buy
The SINGER 9970 Computerized Sewing Machine is available from Amazon and you can find pricing details, as well as more details about the machine itself, here. The Singer 9970 is popular with customers because of the Singer reputation for quality as well as the overall functionality and performance of the machine. Based on customer feedback, we are pleased to recommend it.