The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Sewing Machine comes with a very impressive list of features which customers love. Its extensive range of functions means that beginners and experienced sewers alike will have plenty of room to expand their stitching skills and produce a range of professional looking projects. Everything you could possibly need comes as a standard feature with this machine, yet you are not paying a high end price.
Singer is a leading brand and one of the best in the world. With the Singer 9960, you are buying into 160 years of Singer expertise and innovation, having produced, among other breakthroughs, the world’s first portable machine, the first zigzag machine and the first computer-controlled machine.
Features of the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960
- Automatic needle threader and top drop-in bobbin system
- One-touch automatic thread cutter trims the upper and lower threads
- Extension table provides an extra-large sewing area for large projects including quilting
13 Fully Automatic One-Step Buttonholes
- Buttonhole sewing is a one-step simple process providing reliable results every time. The sides of the buttonholes are sewn in the same direction to prevent gaps in stitching or fabric distortion.
- Exclusive Buttonhole Under-plate – Will sandwich fabric between the lower plate and foot to ensure perfect buttonholes on multiple layers of fabric.
7mm Stitch Width
- Most stitches can be set for a maximum width of 7mm creating attractive satin and decorative stitches.
Programmable Needle Up/Down
- The needle can be programmed to stop in the highest position when your foot is lifted from the controller, making it easier to remove fabric from the machine or program the needle to stop in the down position, which is ideal for pivoting, appliquéing or quilting.
Electronic Autopilot – Provides complete control over sewing speed for any project type.
Automatic Bobbin Winding Clutch
- Needle bar automatically disengages when winding the bobbin, making bobbin winding safer.
Stitch Editing Capabilities – Control the exact look of a stitch pattern with elongation and mirroring capabilities.
Slow Sewing Speed Option – Allows you to sew at slower speeds for intricate work.
Two StayBright LED Lights – Illuminates the work space and will last for 100,000 sewing hours.
Large Back-Lit LCD Screen with Brightness Control
- Provides clear and easy viewing of stitch functions including stitch width and length, tension settings, and the recommended presser foot.
High Sewing Speed
- With a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
Built-In Stretch Stitches
- Specially designed stitches that add strength and flexibility to seams, especially useful when sewing on knitwear and super-stretch fabrics.
Adjustable Stitch Length and Width
- Automatic settings for length can be overridden to personalize length and width choice.
Automatic Locking Stitch Function
- Tie-off decorative and utility stitches with just a push of a button. This feature ensures quality stitching and prevents unravelling.
- Push the conveniently located Automatic Reverse Button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitch.
- Allows for the thread to feed more evenly reducing poor stitch formation and thread breakage.
Electronic Twin Needle Control
- Stitches are automatically adjusted for twin needle sewing with just the touch of a button.
25 Needle Positions
- Needle position can be changed for individual projects like inserting zippers or cording and topstitching.
Direct Button Stitch Selection
- Provides direct access to eight of the most popular stitches including straight, zigzag, blind-hem and one buttonhole.
- An audible warning alerts the sewer if something is incorrect. The audible warning can be deactivated, if desired.
Optimal Stitch Settings
- Optimal settings for length and width are automatically set when choosing a stitch. These settings can be overridden to personalize the stitch pattern.
Mirror Imaging and Elongation Function
- With just a touch of a button select stitches can be mirror imaged, adding even more stitch variety. Select the elongation button and a variety of stitches can be made two to five times longer.
- This system ensures stable stitch quality, whatever type of fabric is being sewn. The tension can be adjusted using the tension adjustment buttons, if desired.
Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- The presser foot lifter has two heights. The second offers more clearance, which is needed when placing multiple layers of bulky fabric under the presser foot.
- The feed dogs move in a box motion ensuring perfect feeding throughout the entire feed process.
- Unplug the foot control, press the start button and the machine sews. You are still in complete control over the speed–just slide the speed limiting control to the desired speed.
- Lower the feed dogs for free-motion embroidery, monograms and for sewing buttons.
- A picture appears on the LCD screen illustrating the probable error.
- The accessories are conveniently stored in the removable sewing table, providing easy access to accessories.
Snap-On Presser Feet
- Easily change snap-on presser feet without use of a screwdriver.
Optimum Power Control
- A control system that senses when additional power is required to maintain speed through thick or changing fabric conditions. This feature is most useful when sewing through multiple (six to eight) layers of fabric.
Heavy-Duty Metal Frame
- The internal skeleton of the sewing machine is constructed of heavy-duty metal that holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and overall durability.
- Provides instant start up and stop with no casting, for accurate and precise stitch placement.
- Buttonhole foot and under-plate
- Darning and embroidery
General included accessories
- Extra-wide extension table
- Needle pack
- Four bobbins
- Seam ripper
- Spool pin with felt washer
- Two screwdriver
- Two spool caps
- Seam guide
- Quilting bar
This extensive range of features ensures you have the opportunity to access a wide range of functions to meet the needs of the most exacting of stitchers. A lot of high end functions have been included in the SINGER 9960 for a low price and you are receiving very high value. If you are a beginner, you will have the opportunity to learn on a quality machine, yet still have many years of growing room. For more experienced stitchers, the machine will provide everything you need to produce professional results.
Product Dimensions: 17.2 x 8.2 x 12 inches
Shipping Weight: 25.8 pounds
Item model number: 9960
Warranty – Limited 25-year warranty including 5 years on electronic components and 1 year on adjustments
- Quality brand
- It comes with an impressive variety of accessories
- Very quiet operation
- Jam free sewing zone
- Sews beautifully
- Huge range of decorative stitches as well as all the basics
- Great for regular sewing and fantastic for quilting
- Not compatible with non US voltage
User Ratings and Reviews
A large number of customers have left reviews for the SINGER 9960 Computerized Sewing Machine and have given it an excellent rating. We rate this machine 4.5 stars our of 5. There were a few customers that had issues with this model and a couple have expressed dissatisfaction with the machine and that was as a result of a non US voltage issue. To see what customers have said, you can read the reviews HERE.
The SINGER 9960 Computerized Sewing Machine is available from online retailers, usually at a discounted price from MSRP. It also qualifies for free shipping, if you qualify. To check for the most current price, you can find it HERE.
The SINGER 9960 Computerized Sewing Machine comes highly recommended based on the reviews and feedback from customers. Quite simply, it is a quality machine packed with value features.