If you are looking for a computerized sewing machine you can’t go wrong with Janome because it is one of the best brands when it comes to comparing sewing machines. The Janome DC5100 has plenty of features to suit both the beginner and the more experienced sewer so it is easy to see the built in value for buyers. It is ideal for plain basic sewing as well as heavy duty and more delicate projects. When you consider that machines with similar functionality are available for $1,000 and upwards, this machine is a good buy.
It is worth considering that many sewers never use the full range of functions on their expensive machines so it makes sense to buy a machine that has all the functionality you actually need, as opposed to what you think you might need. The Janome DC5100 is versatile and has the features to suit both beginners and more advanced sewers, such as 167 stitches and 5 automatic buttonholes. The touchpad and LCD screen make navigating and using all those stitches easy, especially when combined with the comprehensive instruction manual.
Customers love using the Janome DC5100 because it is easy to use and has all the features they need. Moms with sleeping babies especially love it because it sews quietly, even when undertaking heavy duty projects. If you are looking for a reasonably priced machine that sews garments, home decor items, quilts and delicate stitches, the Janome DC5100 is for you. The instruction manual for this machine is publically available from the following URL: http://content.janome.com/documents/File/ManualFile/Inst%20book%20DC5100(Eng).pdf
You can take an advanced look at the features and functionality that are available.
Features of the Janome DC5100 Sewing Machine
- Design – a versatile computerized sewing machine from Janome
- Stitches – 167 stitches are available and include alphabet stitches as well as a good range of decorative and basic sewing stitches. You can check the manual above for all the stitches as well as how to select and use them.
- Buttonholes – there are five one-step buttonholes to choose from so that you can select the most appropriate one for the project you are working on
- Bobbins – are top loading for ease of use and a built-in bobbin winder is also included. The auto bobbin winder ensures bobbins are evenly wound for smooth and even sewing, as well as being easy and fast.
- Presser Feet – these can be changed easily as a result of the snap on system and you have a choice of ten, being: a straight stitch foot, zipper foot, over-edge foot, satin stitch foot, buttonhole foot (auto), blind hem foot, walking foot, darning foot and 1/4” seam foot. This selection of feet ensures that you are able to take full advantage of all the stitches available for selection.
- Touchscreen – is an LCD screen and works together with the touchpad to achieve effortless selection and editing of stitches. It is backlit and easy to see so that you are always in control of the many and varied aspects of machine functionality, such as stitch width and length.
- Speed Control Slider – this handy device will help to maintain a comfortable sewing speed, so that curves and other difficult stitching areas are easy to navigate. You can control the sewing speed more precisely with this device, rather than using the foot pedal which is of course ideal for straight sewing.
- Spool pin felt
- Assorted needle set
- Additional spool pin
- Straight stitch foot
- Zigzag foot
- Satin stitch foot
- Zipper foot
- Automatic buttonhole foot
- Over-edge foot
- Blind hem foot
- Darning foot
- 1/4˝ seam foot
- Walking foot
- Seam ripper/Buttonhole opener
- Large screwdriver
- Lint brush
- Large spool holder
- Small spool holder
- Spool stand
- Foot control
Again, the URL below has fifty odd pages of detailed instructions that demonstrate the range and functionality of the Janome DC5100:
Shipping Weight: 24.4 pounds
Item No: DC5100
Warranty: 20 Years
What’s Great About the Janome DC5100?
- Runs very quietly
- Always sews smoothly and evenly
- Comes with an excellent instruction book that covers everything you could possibly want to know about the machine
- Automatically adjusts to the thickness of whatever you are sewing
- Easy machine to use
- Quick to get started
- Good price for such a versatile machine
- Ideal for delicate sewing as well as more heavy duty projects and quilting
- Can start out using the basic sewing functions and ‘grow’ into the more advanced features as your skill level increases
- Excellent choice of stitches
- Lots of auto functionality
- Comes with plenty of accessories
What’s Not so Great
- One customer found the machine to be overpriced for a machine of this type and also thought the alphabet stitches were not very good
Customer Feedback and Reviews
Customers that have left feedback for the Janome DC5100 rate it with an overall outstanding rating. Features that impressed them included its versatility across heavy duty and delicate sewing, reasonable price, as well as its overall general functionality. Many customers commented favorably on its quietness too, finding it a good choice for anyone with a sleeping baby in the house. They also found the instruction manual to be comprehensive, making it easy to get started and use the machine. To read more about what customers had to say, you can read their reviews here.
The Janome DC5100 Computerized Sewing Machine is available online and if you would like to take a look at the latest price, you can find it here. Customers liked the Janome DC5100 and feel it offers excellent functionality at a reasonable price. While it is ideal for beginners, there is also plenty of room for ‘growth’ so that sewers with a range of skills will find the appropriate level of functionality to suit them. Based on customer feedback, we are pleased to recommend the Janome DC5100 as a value for your money purchase.