The Juki brand might not be as well-known as other more established sewing machine brands but it is gaining traction in the industrial and commercial sewing machine markets. Although the Juki brand is probably more known for its industrial machines, it is also making headway in the domestic market with both low and high end sewing machines.
Popularity of a brand and longevity of the brand are not the only criteria when considering a purchase though. Customers rely on performance and functionality, as well as the price of a machine when they are ready to buy.
The Juki HZL G110 Sewing Machine is an ideal low end machine for anyone who wants a computerized machine without paying a high price. It is also ideal for quilting and can be used for that purpose alone if desired.
It has plenty of other essential features though which ensures its versatility for use in a variety of sewing projects, such as making clothing and home decorating projects as well as projects that require using heavy duty materials.
Some of the best features of the Juki HZL-G110 include a seventy pattern memory, a choice of 180 stitches, LED lights, one font, an automatic needle threader, 37 variable needle positions, 8 automatic buttonholes, 70 pattern memory, as well as drop feed, adjustable stitch length and width and a hard cover. If you are planning on stitching lots of lettering projects, having only the one font will likely not be enough and a machine that specializes in lettering might be more suitable.
Features of the Juki HZL G110
- Design – a computerized sewing machine
- Suitable For – anyone looking for a low end computerized sewing machine that can also be used specifically for quilting projects
- Stitches – 180 Stitches
- Cover – a hard cover is included to provide protection for the machine when it is not in use. This is a handy inclusion because hard covers can be costly.
- Needle threader – Automatic Needle Threader
- Stitch Length and Width – can be adjusted to customise the quality of particular sewing projects.
- Lights – are of bright LED variety for clarity while sewing
- Buttonholes – there are eight automatic buttonholes available to ensure plenty of flexibility for any project requiring buttonholes
- Sewing Feet – are snap on making them easy to change when required
- Operational Buttons – include a start/stop button for easy operation
- Pattern Memory – can accommodate up to seventy stitching patterns which is plenty for the average sewer
- Speed Control – is manual and an essential component of any sewing machine
- Needle Positions – thirty seven are available to be used in conjunction with stitch selection, again providing flexibility and versatility
- Drop Feed – a necessary feature for quilting and free arm quilting to ensure quality results on projects
- Free Arm – makes awkward sewing easier, such as sewing sleeves, large projects and pant hems
- Font – there is only one and it should be noted that the letters which can be sewn are just that. They are sewn letters and not proper embroidered letters so that stitch quality for the font is not as good as that you would make with a regular embroidery stitch.
- Letter Height – is approximately 3/8″ tall
- Low Shank Darning Foot – will need to be purchased separately and used with the machine if you should wish to undertake free arm quilting. It could be argued that this particular foot should be included with the machine, especially if it purchased for free arm quilting. However, it is easy enough to purchase a low shank darning foot should you require one.
- Instruction Manual
- Foot control
- Power cord
- Hard cover
- Small screw driver
- 1 x general purpose sewing foot
- 1 x overcasting Foot
- 1 x sensor buttonhole foot
- 1 x manual buttonhole foot
- 4 x bobbins
- L x spool cap
- S x spool cap
- 1 x twin needle set
- 1 x seam ripper
- 1 x lint brush
Measures: 17.5 x 8.8 x 11.5 inches
Weighs: 19.8 pounds
Item No: HZL-G110/UL
Warranty: Limited warranty of two years on motors, light assembly, wiring, switches and speed control – limited warranty of five years on other parts – Verify warranty with manufacturer.
What’s Great About the Juki HZL G110?
- Solid build
- Reasonable size and can be relied upon to stay in place while working on large projects, such as a quilt
- Noise level is not loud and annoying
- Feed mechanism is excellent
- Stitch quality for pattern is considered to be well defined and crisp
- Performs well when stitching heavy duty materials such as canvas, vinyl and denim
- Can easily handle a queen size quilt
What’s Not so Great
- There is no backlight for the LCD screen
- The presser foot can’t be adjusted manually
- A darning foot for free motion quilting is not included and must be purchased separately
Customer Feedback and Reviews
Feedback for the Juki HZL G110 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine is excellent. Things customers like about it include its price, quiet operation, solid build and ability to handle heavy duty materials. They also like its well defined pattern stitching, feed mechanism and its ability to stitch a queen size quilt.
The lack of a backlit LCD display as well as the non-inclusion of a darning foot (necessary for free form quilting) was mentioned by some customers however overall, these deficiencies did not deter customers. To read more about what customers had to say, you can read all their reviews here.
The Juki HZL G110 computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine is available from online retailers and if you are interested in what this machine has to offer, you can check Amazon’s latest price for it here. Even though Juki is a relatively new brand in the marketplace and may be better known for their industrial sewing machines, customers of their domestic machines are impressed. Performance, functionality and value for money ensure customer satisfaction and the Juki HZL G110 meets these criteria. Based on customer feedback, we are pleased to recommend it.