The Brother SE400 Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine has been designed so that you can give your projects a high-end look and is available at a price that won’t break your budget. It comes with a huge selection of embroidery designs and built-in sewing stitches including 67 sewing stitches and 98 stitch functions as well as the ability to embellish home décor, clothing and gifts with its included 4”x4” embroidery capabilities. The SE400 is ideal for any sewing, embroidery, or crafting projects.
You can easily import and digitize embroidery designs from your computer to the machine. In this way you can take advantage of an almost unlimited source of designs. A backlit touch screen LCD display makes utilizing the number of convenient features of the machine simple and will aid you along your sewing or embroidery adventure.
You are able to choose from the built-in embroidery design library of 70 decorative designs, 120 frame pattern combinations and 5 lettering fonts, or import designs from your PC. Starting out with machine embroidery is easy because of the combined LCD screen display, built-in tutorials, and the quick start guide.
You receive a lot of added value with this machine because of the impressive array of included accessories which enable you to attempt more complex designs as your skills increase. The SE400 is truly an affordable, feature-rich choice for sewers, crafters, and budding fashion designers.
Features of the Brother SE400
- Computer connectivity
- 70 built-in embroidery designs
- 67 built-in sewing stitches with 98 stitch functions
- 5 programming fonts
- Touch screen LCD display
The ability of the user to upload embroidery designs to the machine from their computer or from the Internet is a very popular and distinguishing feature of this product. It is also Mac compatible, which has proven to be a welcome benefit for those with Macs, who are often denied access because of the issues with operating systems.
- Access to many additional designs
Brother embroidery customers can easily purchase thousands of fabulous exclusive, downloadable embroidery designs on www.iBroidery.com. You can choose from a multitude of selections, including licensed characters from Warner Bros., Nickelodeon, Disney, Disney-Pixar, plus limited edition designs from the Brother design library. If you do a lot of sewing for children and grandchildren, access to these designs will increase your repertoire in a significant way.
The machine is not difficult to use and after you have become accustomed to using it, you will soon find that you will be able to take full advantage of the machine’s capabilities and many features to decorate your sewing projects. If you are interested in creative design, you will find that the features on the machine will allow your creative flair to flourish. You are also receiving access to some fairly complex technology at a very reasonable price.
What You Receive
- A 4″ x 4″ embroidery hoop
- An embroidery arm
- A soft cover A Range of Accessory feet: Buttonhole foot Overcasting foot, Zipper foot, Button fitting foot, Monogramming foot, Blind stitch foot, Embroidery foot
- An English/Spanish operation manual
Dimensions: 20.3” x 15” x 15.2”
Weight: 23.8 pounds
Item model number: SE400
Warranty: 25-year limited warranty
- According to the customer feedback, the Brother SE400 is very easy to use. The reviewers have found that the manual is well written and that the instructional diagrams are easy to follow. It takes only a few minutes to get going and some users have been able to have completed projects under their belt within an hour of starting out.
- Another convenient characteristic of the product is that it is highly portable. It is compact and lightweight so that you can easily carry it around with you. It even comes with a handle. Despite its compact design, the customers have found it to be sturdy.
- Other positive comments have been made regarding the product’s 5 pre-installed fonts, its needle threader, and its thread cutter.
- Some customers were disappointed with the quality of the machine’s pre-installed designs. While this is not ideal, the good news is that thousands of designs can be found on the Internet and uploaded to the machine. Many are free and the customers have been pleased with their quality.
- The machine can only store up to 10 patterns, which some have found to be too small an amount. Fortunately though, you can save additional patterns on your computer and transfer them to the machine when needed.
- The machine does not come with an additional large embroidery hoop.
User Ratings and Reviews
A large number of customers have left feedback for the Brother SE400 Sewing Machine and most have given it an outstanding rating. This is a very popular machine and while a couple of users had issues with it, the majority of customers were very happy with its performance, functionality and price.
If you would like to read through all of the customer reviews made for this machine, you can read the reviews by clicking here.
Based on feedback and very positive comments from customers, the Brother SE400 Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine is recommended. It seems that most of the criticisms which have been levelled at the product are based on characteristics that can easily be overcome if you are familiar with obtaining designs from the Internet. The fact that it is one of the most popular embroidery machine at Amazon.com reinforces the popularity and user confidence in the machine.
You can click here to see the lowest available price for the Brother SE400. You can also save off the list price and have it delivered right to your door.