The Brother LB6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine is like having two machines in one. You can use it as a regular sewing machine as well as an embroidery machine. It has 67 stitches with a huge 98 stitch functions which you can use to decorate and embellish your sewing projects. A library of 70 decorative patterns as well as 120 pattern combinations together with 5 fonts for lettering is also included.
Included with the Brother LB6800PRW is a custom fit rolling bag which makes it easy to transport the machine and protect it while being stored. As well as inbuilt tutorials, it also has a comprehensive instruction manual which makes it easy for both experienced and beginner sewers alike. If you want more patterns than those provided, you can connect the machine to your computer via a USB connection and download as many as you want.
Features of the Brother LB6800PRW
- Design – Computerized machine for regular sewing and embroidery with a rolling luggage addition from Project Runway sewing machine. This is a versatile combination which delivers excellent value.
- Power – 120 volts only
- Stitches – 67 are provided and they include regular and decorative as well as those required for quilting and heirloom projects
- Embroidery Designs – 120 frame pattern combinations together with 70 inbuilt designs gives you the capacity to undertake a lot of projects. Designs include a range of floral, holiday, animal and kids’ designs.
- Embroidery Hoop – is 4 x 4 inches which is a useful size for monogramming and a variety of other designs. If you contemplate using larger designs you can still use this hoop however you will need to move or re-set the hoop to accommodate the various sections of the design. Alternatively you could purchase a larger hoop.
- Lettering – there are 5 lettering fonts for monogramming your projects in a variety ways
- Speed Control – is electronic and variable so that you can choose the most comfortable pace at which to work
- Bobbin – is automatically wound and fast. It also sets easily via a drop-in mechanism
- Needle Threader – is automatic for convenience and speed
- USB Connectivity – is provided so that you can connect your machine to computer. With Internet connectivity you can access a huge library of additional patterns to expand your project library as well as update to all the latest designs
- LCD Display – besides providing access to the inbuilt stitches, you can also use it to edit and adapt the designs to your requirements. If you wanted to take full advantage of this feature, it will enable you to add a tremendous amount of variety to your embroidery designs.
- Embroidery Card Slot – you can use this to insert embroidery cards which you can buy separately if you so choose
- Feed Dogs – have 7 points so will feed many different types of fabrics through smoothly
- Button fitting
- Blind stitch
Project Runway rolling bag, embroidered
- 4″ x 4″ embroidery hoop
- Embroidery arm
- Soft cover
Measures: 21.5 x 16 x 22 inches
Weighs: 25 pounds
Item No: LB6800PRW
Warranty: 25 Years
What’s Great About the Brother LB6800PRW
- Has a detailed instruction manual covering essential elements such as needle and stitch selection, as well as a lot of ‘how to’ scenarios for general sewing and embroidering
- Comes with an embroidery hoop which is suitable for small designs. For larger designs you can either purchase a larger hoop, or re-hoop with the existing hoop when necessary.
- Comes with a USB cord so that you can connect your machine to your computer
- Can download free and paid designs
- Machine can adjust pattern sizes for you
- Automatic needle threader and bobbin winder
- Free phone support for the life of the machine
What’s Not So Great
- Unless you use reasonable quality thread, the bobbin is prone to jamming
The Brother LB6800PRW has quite a few reviews and most users give it an outstanding rating. Things they like about it include that it is easy to use in conjunction with the comprehensive manual, comes with an embroidery hoop, has plenty of stitches to choose from for both regular sewing and embroidery, is iBroidery compatible via a USB connection for access to a huge library of patterns and has a Project Runway case for easy storage.
A small percentage of customers didn’t like not being able to use cheap thread and a couple didn’t realize this machine is the same as the Brother SE400 but without the case. To see more of what customers had to say about the Brother LB6800PRW, you can read all the reviews here.
The Brother LB6800PRW is available online and is very reasonably priced. To check for the most current and lowest price I’ve found you can find it here. Based on customer feedback and particularly some of the more detailed reviews, we are pleased to recommend this machine for your sewing and embroidery needs.