The SINGER 2010CL Superb sewing machine is an ideal machine for beginner sewers, although it is versatile enough to offer enough features to satisfy the requirements of experienced sewers as well. For experienced sewers, it would also make a great little second machine, one that can be easily taken to quilting groups or transported to other relevant locations. One customer has found that it is the ideal size for using in an RV, without compromising functionality for size.
The Singer 2010CL is ideal for sewing garments, quilting and a variety of craft projects and while it is a small, lightweight machine, it has the necessary features for those particular activities. When you consider that many sewers do not use all the features on high end computerized machines, this Singer sewing machine provides an attractive alternative with enough features and functions to meet the needs of beginner and more advanced sewers.
The computerized Singer 2010CL comes with many of the features you would expect to find on more expensive machines, such as its programmable needle up/down feature for quilting and appliqueing, the drop feed for free motion sewing, four memory modules as well as the automatic stitch length and width features. For the beginner sewer, these more advanced features ensure excellent value because these features will be readily available for use when they become more advanced sewers. Sewers who do not want to pay a high price for a computerized sewing machine will find all the features they are likely to need in the Singer 2010CL.
Features of the Singer Superb 2010CL
- Design – a lightweight, portable machine from Singer with computerized convenience
- Stitches – there are two hundred and twenty built-in stitches which provide plenty of variation for a variety of projects. Many sewers would never use all these stitches as their projects only require basic stitches. So you can see that having so many available is an advantage for beginner sewers in particular. It is also true that advanced sewers do not use the full array of available stitches, meaning that purchasing a high end machine is not really necessary, particularly if you are looking to save some money on the purchase price of a machine.
- Alphabets – there is a built-in block and script alphabet. These two, when used in conjunction with the darning and embroidery foot, can create some interesting text effects with initials, names and other text.
- Buttonholes – nine are provided and all are fully automatic 1-step buttonholes. If making buttonholes sound too difficult, the automatic option is always an excellent way to proceed.
- Needle Threader – is automatic and makes an ideal solution for anyone whose eyesight is challenged. It can also save time if you find manual threading difficult.
- Memory Modules – there are four available and while a beginner might not want to bother with these during the learning phase, they provide value by being available for later use. More advanced users will of course be able to take advantage of their inclusion immediately.
- Tension – is automatically set depending on the particular stitch you select. It completely removes guesswork from setting the tension.
- Stitch Editing – this capability involves the inclusion of mirror imaging and stitch elongation functions. Advanced users will know how to take advantage of this feature, as will beginner sewers when they are more experienced. The inclusion of this feature ensures added value for the purchaser.
- Bobbin – is the drop-in type and top loading. Together with the clear view cover, the top loading drop in bobbin makes it an easy system to use and it also provides the advantage of being able to see when the bobbin requires refilling.
- Presser Feet – there are ten included with the machine, being and all-purpose foot, buttonhole foot, satin stitch foot, zipper foot, overcasting foot, gathering foot, blind hem foot, rolled hem foot, button sewing foot, as well as a darning & embroidery foot. This generous inclusion ensures that beginners and more advanced sewers alike can tackle a variety of sewing projects.
- edge/quilting guide
- pack of needles
- thread spool caps
- auxiliary spool pin
- spool pin felt
- seam ripper
- lint brush
- soft-sided dust cover
- extension table
The accessories ensure that using the machine and all its features is made as easy as possible. The addition of an extension table extends use of the machine by providing additional sewing space upon which to manipulate sewing projects.
- Shipping Weight: 18.6 pounds
- ASIN: B005ZBPPTA
- Item No: 2010CL
- Warranty: See warranty terms
What’s Great About the Singer 2010CL?
- Comes with an easy to follow instruction manual
- Good variety of stitching patterns
- Runs quietly
- Versatile sewing functionality
- Lightweight and ideal for taking to quilting classes
- Comes with a wide variety of accessories
- Has plenty of stitches
- Useful slide speed control ensures easy sewing
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Ideal for quilting
- Easy to thread bobbin
- Small enough to t use in an RV
- Suitable for beginner and experienced sewers
- Not so small that functionality is impaired
What’s Not so Great
- Reverse stitch button only works if you have come to a complete stop
Customer Feedback and Reviews
A handful of customers have left feedback for the Singer 2010CL and they rated with an overall average excellent rating. Things they like about it include its ease of use, good variety of stitches and accessories, size, versatility, clear instruction manual, as well as its lightweight portability and easy to thread bobbin. Quilters in particular appreciate the combination of portability and sewing functions. To read more about what customers have to say, you can read all their reviews here.
The Singer 2010CL is available from online retailers and you can check the latest price for it here. Customers trust the Singer Brand and the feedback that has been left to date, has been positive. The machine is valued for its portability and versatility by beginner and experienced sewers alike, while its price and functionality meet customer needs. Based on customer feedback, we are pleased to recommend it.
The SINGER 7258 Stylist 100-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine is the one of the best beginner machines and comes with an excellent selection of stitches for regular sewing, stretch sewing and decorative sewing. You don’t actually need to be a beginner to enjoy the features of this machine because it has the computerized features that come with more expensive Singer sewing machines – just less of everything. It is an affordable and functional choice for anyone wanting a computerized sewing machine.
Consumer reviews from sewing machine sites will confirm that the range of features provided by Singer, make this machine an excellent buy. It has nine regular stitches for regular sewing, eight stretch stitches for stretch sewing and seventy six decorative stitches. All these can easily be selected with its push button stitch selector and there are also settings for stitch length and width as well. Tension control is automatic and together with the six different one step buttonhole settings, all these features combine to provide everything you will need for trouble free computerized sewing.
There is also an automatic needle threader and you can select an up or down needle position when you stop sewing. Singer has also provided ten different presser feet along with a large range of other accessories for a memorable sewing experience.
Features of the Singer 7258 Sewing Machine
Type – Computerized free arm sewing machine
- 100 stitches to choose from which give you versatility and flexibility
- Nine regular sewing stitches suitable for regular sewing and mending
- Eight stretch sewing stitches for stretch fabrics
- Seventy six decorative stitches to provide detailed finishes to your work
Stitch Selection – happens by pushing a button as does stitch length and width. Reverse is pushbutton automatic.
Speed – is adjustable and can go as fast as 750 stitches per minute. Speed is controlled by the presser foot or alternatively, the slide bar. This allows you to have precise control for whatever you might be sewing.
Needle Threader – this is automatic and can be done in six seconds. It will save lots of time from threading up manually.
Buttonholes – there are six one stop buttonhole settings to give you flexibility in size and finish.
Needle Positions – there are 3 needle positions, including the option of using twin needles if you need it for quilting.
Presser Foot – provides automatic presser foot pressure
LED Display – StayBright LED lifetime white lamp
Storage – within the machine
Frame – is aluminium for strength and durability
Measurements: 15 x 7.5 x 12 inches
Weighs: 16 pounds
Item No: 7258
Warranty: 25 Year Limited Warranty
What’s Great About the SINGER 7258 Sewing Machine
- Very detailed instruction manual
- Runs very smoothly
- Is super quiet
- Has a slider to operate the machine’s speed if you don’t want to use the foot presser
- Has lovely decorative stitches
- Comes with lots or presser feet
- You can see inside the bobbin case to see how much bobbin thread remains
- Is small but very sturdy and compact
- Tension control is reliable
- Lots of stitch options to encourage creativity
What’s Not so Great
- Doesn’t come with a hard case – just a plastic cover
- Occasional bobbin jams
- Insensitive foot presser
Customer Feedback and Reviews
Being one of the more popular Singer machines, customers have left a lot of reviews and they give it excellent ratings. Things customers love about this Singer sewing machine include its convenience, ease of use, high level of performance, smooth running, terrific looking stitches and quiet operation.
Other features which attracted their praise include the machine’s ability to stop the needle in an upward and downward position, the clear bobbin holder, the comprehensive user manual, extensive collection of presser feet, its range of stitch choices, as well as its small and sturdy design.
There was a little bit of negative feedback and it involved the issues a few customers had with the presser foot not being entirely as sensitive as they thought it should be. A few people seemed to have bobbin and tension issues as well, although these were very much in the minority. To read a full account of what customers have had to say about this product, you can read the reviews here.
The SINGER 7258 Stylist 100-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine is available from online retailers and is very reasonably priced. It also comes with Free Shipping, if you qualify. You can check out the current price if you go here. The majority of customers had nothing but good things to say about this machine and found that the renowned singer sewing machine value was alive and well with this model. Based on this feedback, we are pleased to recommend it as a value for money purchase.
The SINGER 7256 Fashion Mate 70-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine is an excellent entry level sewing machine but packed with features that will also suit those who are more experienced. It also comes with many extras so that if you wanted to, you could tackle more advanced projects. One of the best things about this machine is that if you learn how to utilize all its features, you will be able to produce items which will look as though they have been stitched on a far more expensive machine. Fortunately for you though, you can do it without the price tag.
Sewing machines in this price range are not usually computerized so in this sense, you are also receiving a bargain courtesy of Singer. The computerized functions combined with the 70 stitches provided means that you will have a tremendous resource to utilize for many years to come. With 8 stretch stitches, 8 basic stitches 48 decorative stitches and 6 buttonhole stitches, you can create many variations if you have a mind to.
The machine also comes with an automatic needle threader that will save you a lot of time and you simply select your stitch of choice with the touch of a button. You won’t even have to worry about adjusting the stitches’ width and length because the optimal settings will be applied automatically. Buttonhole sewing is also a simple one-step process when you learn how to use the Singer Fashion Mate. Just to make it even easier to get started, there is also a DVD for you to watch which can often be more informative than reading the manual.
Features of the SINGER 7256
- Automatic needle threading
- 70 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, and decorative
- 6 automatic one step button holes
- Automatic stitch length and width
- Top drop-in bobbin with clear cover
- Top Loading Jam-Proof Bobbin System with Clear Cover
- Snap-On Presser Feet
- On-Board Storage
- Tacking Stitch with Auto Tie-Off Function for Decorative Stitches
- Automatic Reverse
- 6mm Stitch Width
- Six-Second Threading
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure
- Automatic Bobbin Winding Clutch
- Bobbin Winder Stop
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- Six-Segment Feeding System
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- Adjustable Stitch Length and Width
- Centre Zigzag Taper
- Twin Needle Capability
- 13 Needle Positions
This is an entry level machine with an entry level price, yet you are receiving features normally found on more expensive machines. Given that many people who have purchased high end machines never use all the options and stitches that come with it, the Fashion Mate becomes more attractive by the minute.
A computerised machine will always save you time because of the automatic functions and push button choices which are available to you.
You have a lot of choices available to you with this machine in terms of what you want to use it for, albeit it clothing, soft furnishings or craft. It’s lightweight too so it will be easy to carry to quilting groups for example.
Accessories and Inclusions
- Auxiliary spool pin
- General-purpose foot (on machine)
- Zipper foot
- Blind hem foot
- Satin special-purpose (decorative sewing) foot
- One-step buttonhole foot
- Spool pin felt discs (two)
- Small, medium and large thread spool caps (three)
- Screwdriver for needle plate
- Four class 15J bobbins (one in machine)
- Needles package
- Lint brush and seam ripper
- Darning plate
Dimensions: 14.4” x 7.5” x 12”
Weight: 18.9 pounds
Item model number: 7256
Warranty: Limited 25-year warranty
- Lightweight and easy to carry about
- Excellent Singer quality
- Massive value for money
- Lots of decorative stitches
- Easy to use
- No quilting foot
User Ratings and Reviews
The 7256 has received a great number of customer feedback and is currently rated with excellent reviews . While customer feedback for the SINGER 7256 has been very positive for the most part, there were a small number of complaints.
Some of the customers have been disappointed with the number of accessory feet that come with the machine. For example, this small range of feet does not include a quilting foot. So if you plan on purchasing a machine for quilting needs then you might want to factor in the cost of an additional foot. However, considering the value you are receiving with this machine, spending a few dollars on a quilting foot isn’t enough to spoil your enjoyment of the machine.
Some users have found the machine to be noisy. It is important to realize that most customers have not found this to be an issue, but it might be worth considering if noise is important to you. To gain a better understanding of the experiences customers have had you can read the reviews here.
The Positive Reviews
Despite the negative feedback that has been given for the SINGER 7256, most of its customers have been pleased with their decision to invest in it.
The reviewers have extensively praised the machine’s performance. A lot of the reports argue that the machine does not jam, which is a welcome and time-saving benefit. Undoing jams would have to be one of the most frustrating activities on the planet. The customers have also found that the sewing machine functions equally well with different materials of varying thicknesses.
Particular features of the product that have impressed the reviewers include the smooth pedal that offers the user a great deal of control over the sewing speed and the range of stitch options that are available. The machine is also very easy to use. For example, the pre-set tension makes a huge difference for those who are new to sewing and simplifies the process greatly for them. The customers have also found the Singer 7256 to be simple to thread. Additionally, the instruction manual, DVD, and available videos on YouTube have proven to be helpful in assisting users to get the most out of the machine.
The SINGER 7256 Fashion Mate is available online and you have the opportunity to secure a substantial discount off the list price, as well as free shipping, if you qualify . To check for the most current price, you can find it here.
Based on the positive feedback from customers and the excellent product rating they have applied to the machine, I have no hesitation in recommending it. It is a beginner-friendly sewing machine that has some of the features of more expensive machines while being available at a reasonable price.
The Singer 9970 is a sewing machine that is packed with high end features yet doesn’t have a high end price. It is a fully computerized machine that is suitable for experienced sewers, although customers who are beginners have said they did not find the machine difficult to use. It comes with six hundred built-in stitches that can be edited to create even more functionality.
It is designed for users to produce professionally finished garments as well as an array of other sewing projects, including quilting. To this end, users can expect to find free arm functionality, speed control, twin needle capability as well as a full LCD display to monitor selected stitch requirements and functions.
There is also a host of push button functions, such as a thread trimmer, reverse and various other stitch selection features. This is a machine that provides plenty of value, particularly for new sewers because it comes with enough functions for the user to grow into. Experienced sewers will be delighted with what the Singer 9970 can achieve – without the high end price tag.
Features of the SINGER 9970 Sewing Machine
The following features collectively ensure that this singer sewing machine delivers the functionality, performance and convenience of problem free sewing while creating professionally finished sewing projects.
- Design – a quality computerized singer sewing machine
- Power – requires 110 volts as specifically designed for United States and Canadian use
- DC Motor – instant start and stop with no casting
- Frame – internal frame is heavy duty metal – holds all internal mechanisms in perfect alignment for perfect sewing and durability
- Automatic Needle Threader – to save time
- Push Button Auto Electronic Thread Trimmer – conveniently cuts upper and lower threads
- Stitches – 600 built-in stitches
- Stitch Reference Chart – is located on the upper lid of the machine for easy reference
- Stitch Editing – ensures precision control of the stitch patterns with elongation and mirror imaging
- Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation – select the elongation button and make selected stitches two to five times longer
- Electronic Autopilot – ensures total control of sewing speed. Simply unplug the foot control and press the ‘Start’ button to start sewing. Use the speed control lever to select the desired maximum speed.
- Top Drop-In Bobbin System – top loading with clear cover for easy insertion and monitoring of bobbin thread availability
- Auto Bobbin Winding – sewing is disabled while the bobbin is winding and stops when filled
- Presser Feet – snap on – 24 Presser feet included
- Buttonholes –13 auto buttonhole styles available for one-step, simple and reliable
- Storage – for accessories is located in the removable sewing table
- Free Arm – is removable and provides easy access to sew cuffs, collars and pant hems
- LCD Screen – provides info for built-in stitch, stitch length and width, tension settings and the recommended presser foot for a particular stitch – includes brightness control
- LED Lights – 2 x StayBright LED lights effectively lights the work space – lasts for 100,000 sewing hours
- Extension Table – provides an additional area for sewing
- Needle Up / Down Button – changes the needle position when the machine is stopped
- Slow Sewing Speed Option – for intricate work
- Direct Button Stitch Selection – direct access to eight of the most popular stitches -includes straight sewing, zigzag, blind-hem and one buttonhole
- 7mm Stitch Width – for most stitches ensuring attractive satin and other decorative stitches
- Automatic Stitch Length and Width – auto set with optimum stitch length and width settings can be overridden if required
- Horizontal Threading – allows thread to feed more evenly to reduce poor stitch formation and breaking threads
- 25 Needle Positions – flexibility for individual projects such as placing zippers, cording and topstitching
- Electronic Twin Needle Control – push button auto adjustment for twin needle sewing
- High Sewing Speed – maximum of 850 stitches-per-minute – finish projects quickly
- Automatic Stitch Lock – allows you to tie-off stitches to prevent unraveling
- Auto Reverse – sew in reverse to reinforce stitches
- Error Warning and Animation – alerts you if something is wrong – audio and visual alert
- Auto Tension – ensures stable stitch quality regardless of fabric
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter – provides additional clearance for bulky fabrics
- Optimum Power Control – auto senses if additional power is needed for maintaining sewing speed on thick or otherwise changing fabric conditions
- 24 Presser feet
- Extension table
- Needle pack
- Bobbins – Class 15J
- Seam ripper
- Lint brush
- Spool pin and felt washer
- Spool caps
- Seam guide
- Quilting bar
Measures: 16 x 7.5 x 11 inches
Weighs: 17.8 pounds
Item No: 9970
Warranty: Limited 25-year warranty – including 5 years on electronic components and 1 year on adjustments.
What’s Great About the SINGER 9970 Computerized Sewing Machine?
- Easy setup and easy to use
- Runs quietly and smoothly
- Can make fine buttonholes
- Sews a variety of fabrics with ease
- Solid machine
- Comes with variable speed control
- Has a very slow speed if required
- Easy to use bobbin winder and needle threader
- Auto tension works correctly
- Thread cutter is convenient to use
- Comes with an extension table
- LED lights are bright enough to provide a well-lit work area
- Feed dogs work beautifully and keep the fabric moving straight while sewing
- Has a huge amount of accessories
What’s Not So Great
- Slots in the cover for the cords would be helpful and convenient
Customer Feedback and Reviews
Customers leaving feedback for the SINGER 9970 give it excellent reviews. Things they like about it include its quiet operation, range of stitch choices, easy to use functionality and the huge amount of accessories that are included. Customers also like the way that all the features worked flawlessly – as they are meant to. To read more detailed customer feedback, you can read the customer reviews here.
Recommendation – Buy
The SINGER 9970 Computerized Sewing Machine is available from Amazon and you can find pricing details, as well as more details about the machine itself, here. The Singer 9970 is popular with customers because of the Singer reputation for quality as well as the overall functionality and performance of the machine. Based on customer feedback, we are pleased to recommend it.
The SINGER One Plus sewing machine is a feature packed machine that beginners and experienced sewers will enjoy. It’s a completely computerized machine that is easy to use and versatile enough for a variety of projects. The Singer plus one also has advanced features and functions to provide ongoing skill development across a range of stylish activities.
The Singer One has a total of two hundred and thirty one stitches conveniently built in, six automatic buttonhole functions, heaps of sewing space, an automatic needle threader and bobbin pick-up, as well as a handy LCD screen complete with a stitch selection dial and an automatic start/stop button that also has a speed control feature.
The Singer is a machine that will meet your sewing needs for many years and it also has a generous warranty. For a comprehensive run down on the full range of features and benefits, simply click here.
Features and Benefits of the SINGER One Plus
Design – Easy to use computerized sewing machine with advanced functions included
Motor – DC motor for instant start
Frame – heavy duty metal frame for stability and durability
Sewing Tension – is automatic
Sewing Speed – maximum speed of 750 stitches per minute
Needle Positions – 13 available
Auto Reverse – available via push button
Presser Feet – snap on easily
Presser Foot Pressure Control – automatically adjusts as required
Presser Foot Lifter – is extra high to provide more clearance when required
Direct Selection Stitches – push button access is provided for three popular stitches
Block Alphabet & Numbers – are included for monogramming and personalization
Bobbin – has auto winding and threading as well as a drop-in bobbin system that wliminates the need to raise the bobbin thread prior to sewing
Sewing Space – is generous due to the 14.7” sewing arm and is ideal for large projects
Removable Free Arm – for sewing collars, cuffs and pant hems
Storage – convenient removable storage compartment provided for accessories
Control Functions – Start/stop button with speed control for sewing without using the foot control
LCD Screen – for viewing stitch selection details and is adjustable
Threading – auto needle threader via the SwiftSmart threading system
Tacking Stitch Button – for tying off stitches
LED Lights – 3 StayBright lamps provide excellent sewing light
Thread Cutter – saves time
Drop Feed – lowers feed dogs for free-motion embroidery and sewing buttons
Stitches – 231 in total
- 7 x core stitches
- 5 x stretch stitches
- 212 decorative stitches
- 7 x buttonhole stitches
- Stitch elongation
- Mirror imaging
- Stitch memory and editing – for making personalized designs and patterns
- Stitch Selection – stitch selection dial with scroll function
- Stitch Length and Width – are automatic and displayed on the LCD screen. The auto settings can be overridden if required.
- General foot
- Satin stitch foot
- Blind hem foot
- Zipper foot
- Buttonhole Foot with underplate
- Pack of needles – 2020 & 2045
- Bobbins (Class 15J)
- Thread spool caps
- Auxiliary spool pin
- Spool pin felt
- Seam ripper
- Lint brush
- Power cord
- Dust cover
- Foot control
- Needle plate screwdriver
- 3 x StayBright LED lights
- Quick start guide
- Instruction manual and stitch guide
- Instructional DVD
Measures: 20.8 x 9.5 x 13 inches
Weighs: 19 pounds
Item No: 1+
Warranty: Limited 25-year warranty with 5-year electronic components and 1-year adjustments
What’s Great About the Singer One Plus Computerized Sewing Machine?
- Operates quietly
- Operates smoothly
- Threading the bobbin is easy
- Huge range of stitches and letters to choose from
- Comes with an auto needle threader
- LCD display is adjustable
- Most commonly used stitches are available by direct button selection
- Thread cutter is a great timesaver
- The stitch selection dial can be set to a scroll function to quickly move through the range of available stitches
- Has a button for reverse stitching
- Buttonholes can be auto sized to the size of the button you are using
- Can control the machine with a start/stop button
- Can chain stitches and letters together to create new effects
What’s Not so Great
- Instructions could be clearer
- Graphics on the LCD could be better
Customer Feedback and Reviews
Many customers have left feedback for the Singer One Plus Sewing Machine and they rate with excellent reviews. Things they like about it include its many features such as the needle threader, bobbin threader, the ability to chain various stitches together to make new stitches, the huge range of stitches available, the ability to easily scroll through stitches with the stitch selection dial as well as the thread cutter and LCD display. To read more about what customers have to say, you can read their reviews here.
The Singer One Plus Computerized Sewing Machine is available online and you can check for the lowest price here. Customers genuinely found the Singer One to be a good buy in terms of value for their money and overall performance of the machine. Based on customer feedback, we are pleased to recommend it.